- Combustion Laboratories: Brayton maintains two well equipped and highly specialized combustion test facilities:
- High Pressure – high inlet temperature unvitiated combustor rig
- Low pressure – solid fuel combustion rig and laboratory
- Other combustion equipment
- Out-door engine / propeller testing
- Bearing and dynamic testing
- Turbine test rig
- Recuperator Testing
- Brown and Sharpe Micro Xcel 7.6.5 Coordinate Measure Machine
- Measures three axes to 3 thousandths (0.003) of an inch
- High Pressure - high inlet temperature unvitiated combustor rig
- Low pressure - solid fuel combustion rig and laboratory
High Pressure Gas Turbine Combustor Facility
Our recuperated gas turbine test rig is distinguished by our capability to deliver pre-heated fresh-air to the test combustors at very high pressure and flow. Some of the general specifications are listed below.
Atmospheric Biomass Combustion Laboratory
Our solid bio-fuel combustion lab is equipped with combustor preheater and a versatile solid fuel delivery system. The general capacities ate tabulated below.
Other combustion facilities
Liquid spray nozzle/injector analysis
Brayton maintains dedicated test rig to analyze liquid droplet spray angle and droplet characteristics. Our rig is used to perform CFD validation experiments.
Brayton maintains equipment to accurately measure the combustion gases. Our equipment has been certified for use by the California Air Resources Board (CARB)